BOE approves personnel items
By JOYANNA LOVE/ Senior Staff Writer
Despite schools being closed as a precaution against COVID-19, the Chilton County Board of Education held a voting session on March 17.
The meeting mostly dealt with personnel.
Five retirements were approved, including bus driver Rhonda Gray, Isabella High custodian Bonnie Nix, Thorsby CNP employee Rhonda Trammel, Clanton Elementary CNP employee Kathy Headley and Jemison High teacher Sandra Cullen.
The board also approved five leave requests and 11 substitutes.
A vote on new hires was removed from the agenda as were a number of travel-related requests. Votes on nonrenewal for teachers and approving summer workers were also removed from the agenda.
Chief School Financial Officer Melynda Buck gave a finance update to the board.
Also during the meeting, the Board:
- Received notification required by the School Fiscal Accountability Act.
- Approved returning sick days to an employee.
- Approved one year contract extensions required in relation to the Teacher Accountability Act.
- Approved moving a transportation employee from Mechanic II to Mechanic I.
- Approved “a supplement for temporarily performing the duties of Safety Coordinator through June 30.”